The Medical Tourism Association™ (MTA) is a global non-profit trade association for the international and domestic medical tourism and travel industries with a focus on delivering the best experience for the health and wellness seeker. Initially formed to serve the needs of international healthcare providers and medical tourism facilitators, MTA has evolved into an international membership association that represents a broad based constituency of healthcare and travel professionals across the globe.
The MTA works with healthcare providers, governments, NGO’s, healthcare clusters, associations, insurance companies, employers and other buyers of healthcare - in the development of medical tourism, international patient, healthcare and hospitality initiatives - with a focus on providing the highest quality health and wellness services to consumers crossing borders.
The MTA is committed to raising consumer awareness of international healthcare options, and has specific initiatives designed to educate and increase the number of consumers who travel for healthcare. Some of the more important initiatives include:
- The World Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Congress that attracts key industry players from around the globe to discuss the latest trends and to develop business relationships;
- regional workshops and seminars;
- the promotion of industry distribution channels such as Destination guides, Medical Tourism Magazine, www.medicaltourism.com, newsletters and social networking sites;
- MTA Healthcare Cluster Development Programs: where members can access MTA resources to build a healthcare cluster from the ground up;
- destination branding programs;
- training and Certification programs;
- feasibility studies;
- research and industry data analysis and benchmarking.
The Members of the Medical Tourism Association™ agree that communication is the key to success, particularly with respect to ensuring positive patient outcomes. It is the goal of the Medical Tourism Association™ to put competition aside and facilitate interaction and healthy communication among stakeholders in order to move the industry forward towards transparency and quality.
Beijing Great-Idea Business Resources Co., Ltd. was founded in Beijing in 2002, and has branches and offices in Wuhan and Guangzhou, Hong Kong, US, Canada, Australia, etc.
Great-Idea is the pioneer and business resource service provider in China engaged in promoting the modern service industry, especially the service outsourcing and healthcare industry. Great-Idea has been dedicated to providing professional industry consulting and investment promotion services for the city governments and enterprises. Since 2007, it has organized a total of 27 delegations from Europe, US, Japan, India and other countries including more than 1000 international transnational corporations, project cooperation and investment institutions to China. It is the professional services organization who has obtained the numerous awards in the industry as providing consulting, international promotion and global innovation resources services.