The Health and Wellness industries is one of the fastest growing industries with Wellness Travel estimated globally at nearly half a Trillion dollars.
According to a report by the Stanford Research Institute:
- “Wellness tourism is projected to grow on average 9.9 percent annually over the next five years, nearly twice the rate of global tourism overall, reaching $678.5 billion by 2017, or 16 percent of total tourism revenues.”
- “Wellness tourism accounts for about 14% ($438.6 billion) of all domestic and international tourism expenditures.”
- “Wellness tourism generates 11.7 million direct jobs, delivering $1.3 trillion of global economic impact (1.8% of global GDP in 2012).”
Whether it is sought through nutritional supplements, fitness centers, spas or healthy hotels, an increasing number of individuals are striving to improve their health and prevent chronic illnesses that are so prevalent in our modern world. Wellness programs complement treatment plans for patients receiving surgical procedures and also provide the opportunity for an improvement of the quality of life for both the patients and their companions.
China and Asia-Pacific region boast some of the top wellness destinations and treatments on the planet. These include:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Healthy hotels and resorts
- Thermal baths
- Yoga retreats
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Why attend WMTC Asia-Pacific 2015?
- Learn how to brand your business as a top wellness tourism center as competition increases globally for the wellness and healthcare traveling consumer.
- Learn about China and the Asia-Pacific Wellness offering and the many new therapies available to your clients
- Network with employers, international benefits managers/HR, insurers, TPA’s, agents and brokers who are involved in implementing and maintaining corporate wellness programs as these players are a great source of customer referrals.
- Gain knowledge about China’s hotels, spas, resorts and wellness provider strategies & partnerships to drive customers through successful case studies.