The Asia-Pacific region is home to some of the world’s top medical tourism destinations. Counties such as South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand have been attracting a high volume of medical tourists from China and other countries due to their high quality medical care and low prices. More recently, wealthy Chinese patients have begun to travel to the United States and Europe for critical care treatments such as oncology and organ transplants. According to a recent report by Hurun and ILTM Asia, 66 percent of China’s 1.18 million wealthy millionaires would consider medical tourism.
As the number of traveling patients continues to grow, there is a need for professional medical tourism facilitators that can safely guide medical travelers along the often complex and confusing road that patients face as they contemplate medical tourism. Whether you are a travel agent or medical tourism facilitator, you will be responsible to ensure that each of you clients has a safe and pleasant travel experience. To achieve this goal you must overcome cultural and language barriers, develop strong relationships with reliable providers, provide flawless travel arrangements, and have an understanding of preoperative and postoperative arrangements, amongst many other steps involved in the planning
Why attend WMTC Asia-Pacific 2015?
- Get Trained as a Certified Medical Tourism Professional (CMTP)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the China and Asia-Pacific outbound medical tourism markets and the needs and wants of these patients
- Understand the various criteria that should be used when selecting overseas medical providers
- Understand the key provisions you need in your legal contracts with medical providers
- Learn how to increase your customer volume